Dr. Lillian Hallberg
Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs and Director of MBA Programs
8 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Online Degree Programs:
The Suffolk MBA can be earned completely online. No residency required. Alternatively, students may also take classes at Suffolk's main Boston campus or offsite in North Andover, MA. Students may also transfer in a maximum of 6 credits from another AACSB accredited MBA program near where they live. Most Suffolk MBA Online students do complete the degree completely online.
- MBA: option to concentrate in accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, or marketing. 18 courses (55 credits) ~ can be earned completely online.
- Accelerated MBA for Previous Business Majors: with same concentration options as listed above. Previous business majors, depending on when they completed their degree, may waive the MBA core classes (24 credits) thus shortening the degree to 31 credits, thereby saving time and money.
- Accelerated MBA for Attorneys: open to graduates of ABA accredited law schools. Five law school courses are automatically transferred in thus shortening the degree to 40 credits, thereby saving time and money.
- Accelerated MBA for CPAs: in collaboration with the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants. Two core courses (6 credits) are automatically waived thus shortening the degree to 49 credits.
Online Certificate Program
- Advanced Professional Certificate (APC): offers graduates of an MBA program the opportunity to retool, update their skill set, or gain an additional expertise. The APC is comprised of five courses of your choice (15 credits), as determined by your particular career goals.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
The Suffolk MBA Online applies the same admission criteria as the Boston campus-based Suffolk MBA. Applicants must have the equivalent of one year work experience and an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. The GMAT is required except in the case of applicants to the Accelerated MBA for Attorneys (LSAT is substituted) or the Accelerated MBA for CPAs (CPA documentation + a minimum 2.7 undergraduate GPA OR CPA documentation + 10 years experience in the accounting field). Log on to www.suffolk.edu/mbaonline and click on Admission for more information.
Log on to www.suffolk.edu/gradadmission
for complete instructions, deadlines, and an online application.
Log on to www.suffolk.edu/stdact
for up-to-date information. 2007-2008 rates: $983 per credit tuition. Additional tech fee for each course: $85 for a 1-credit course; $85 for a 1.5 credit course; $125 for a 3-credit course.
Financial aid in terms of merit awards and low interest loans is available for the MBA Online program. For specific information email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Office of Financial Aid at 617-573-8470.
Learning Environment for Students:
Relevant Information on Faculty:
- Suffolk MBA Online Courses are offered in Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- Suffolk MBA Online students virtually attend the 0-credit 0-fee New Student Orientation prior to their first online class. NSO meets one evening only, the week prior to the semester's start date. Students attend on the computer they will use for their courses, thus testing their technology compatibility and delivery to insure maximum readiness for the first night of class. Faculty explain and demonstrate the online delivery format, assignment "drop-boxes", chat protocol, syllabi locations, white board techniques etc.
- Each Suffolk MBA Online course includes a weekly 90-minute live chat, scheduled conveniently in one of two evening time-slots: 6:30 to 8:20 pm or 8:30 to 10:00 pm. Chats are limited to 18 students to insure maximum interaction and learning.
- Courses also include asynchronous activities including threaded discussions; and streaming audio, video, and PowerPoint lectures which students can access anywhere and anytime. Students meet virtually to complete team projects.
- Students have virtual access to Suffolk University's Sawyer Library including all major business related data bases and resources.
- MBA Online students are advised, as are campus MBAs, by the Assistant Director of MBA Programs. She meets with students in person or via telephone for assistance with course selection, registration, academic policies and procedures. Day and evening appointments available.
- 24/7 technical assistance provided.
- The curriculum, faculty, course expectations and diploma mirror the Suffolk MBA Boston experience - only the delivery format is different.
Suffolk MBA Online classes are taught by Suffolk full-time faculty. Log on to www.suffolk.edu/mbaonline
for more information.
The Suffolk MBA Online Program was the first fully online MBA program established in the New England area. Accredited by AACSB International, it has been sited in US
News & World Report
and Business Week
. Suffolk University's Sawyer Business School is also a member of GMAC.